Thursday, May 22, 2008

Temple Work....



Yesterday I had this weird urge to hurry up and do a Dear Dear Dear Friend of mines work at the temple. She passed away Last year from Ovarian Cancer.
This urge kept on until I decided to go down to the Family History Center. So I drove down there with her name and some dates. Wondering just how I was going to actually get everything in order, this nice woman by the name of Sister Crawford started to help me.
We searched for her death record and a few other things and finally found her!
But here is where it gets REALLY Ironic... Strange... or the Lords will at hand.........

The woman who was helping asked if I had a picture of Michelle... Which I keep in my Wallet...
As I showed her the picture, tears welled up in her eyes. She looked at me and asked " Is this Michelle Downin that lived on Lindner Street?". "Well Yes it is, Why do you ask?"...............
" I was her neighbor for about 15 years. When they found out about 3 years ago that she had cancer, we were in the process of moving away. We kept in touch with occasional emails, but that was it.... I had no idea she had passed."

Amazing... right? Was the Lord pushing me to get this work done not only for Michelle but for this woman to know what had happened to a dear friend? Or Was this all part of his plan to show me the importance of listening to the promptings of the Spirit....



Maybe a combination of both.


How lucky we are to be able to live so closely to a Temple, the house of the Lord. If you haven't been to the Temple recently... GO! What is your excuse? If you can't go inside, walk the grounds or visit the Visitors Center... There is no reason we should be missing out on the Temple!



Happy Beautiful Weather Thursday!

No comments: